The difference between beaver and marmot
is that "beaver" is a semiaquatic rodent of the genus Castor, having a wide, flat tail and webbed feet and "marmot" is any of several large ground-dwelling rodents of the genera Marmota and Cynomys in the squirrel family.
- A semiaquatic rodent of the genus Castor, having a wide, flat tail and webbed feet.
- A hat, of various shapes, made from a felted beaver fur (or later of silk), fashionable in Europe between 1550 and 1850.
- The fur of the beaver.
- Beaver cloth, a heavy felted woollen cloth, used chiefly for making overcoats.
- A brown colour, like that of a beaver (also called beaver brown).
- a broad beaver slouched over his eyes
- The woman’s hair and woman’s beaver had both been jerked off, exposing the cropped head of a man…
- Between you and me, uh, she might have been fifteen, but when you get that little red beaver right up there in front of you, I don’t think it’s crazy at all and I don’t think you do either.
- […] once she wore none at all, swears to this day that he saw her beaver that fateful Friday night.
- beaver colour:
- The beards were false ones. I could see the elastic going over their ears. In other words, I had fallen among a band of criminals who were not wilful beavers, but had merely assumed the fungus for purposes of disguise.
- Any of several large ground-dwelling rodents of the genera Marmota and Cynomys in the squirrel family.