The difference between consideration and constraints
is that "consideration" is the thought process of considering, of taking multiple or specified factors into account and "constraints" is something that constrains; a restriction.
- The thought process of considering, of taking multiple or specified factors into account (with of being the main corresponding adposition).
- Something considered as a reason or ground for a (possible) decision.
- The tendency to consider others.
- A payment or other recompense for something done.
- (law) A matter of inducement for something promised; something valuable given as recompense for a promise, which causes the promise to become binding as a contract.
- Importance, claim to notice, regard.
- considered (adjective)
- After much consideration, I have decided to stay.
- Synonyms: deliberation, thought
- Consideration of environmental effects is needed when choosing material.
- In consideration of the day and hour of my birth, it was declared by the nurse, and by some sage women in the neighbourhood who had taken a lively interest in me several months before there was any possibility of our becoming personally acquainted, first, that I was destined to be unlucky in life; and secondly, that I was privileged to see ghosts and spirits; both these gifts inevitably attaching, as they believed, to all unlucky infants of either gender, born towards the small hours on a Friday night.
- Synonyms: factor, motive, reason
- You showed remarkable consideration in giving up your place for your friend.
- Will you noisy children show some consideration and stop your infernal screaming? I’m trying to study!
- Sure I’ll move my car, but only for a consideration.
- Consideration is an intention to create legal relations.
- In consideration of the performance of B’s obligations hereunder, A hereby grants to B’s personal license.
- […] settled down on a small property he had near Quimper to live for the rest of his days in peace; but the failure of an attorney left him suddenly penniless, and neither he nor his wife was willing to live in penury where they had enjoyed consideration.
- Something that constrains; a restriction.
- An irresistible force or compulsion.
- The repression of one’s feelings.
- (mathematics) A condition that a solution to an optimization problem must satisfy.
- (databases) A linkage or other restriction that maintains database integrity.