The difference between cosmopolitan and martini
is that "cosmopolitan" is inclusive; affecting the whole world and "martini" is a cocktail made with gin or vodka and vermouth.
- inclusive; affecting the whole world.
- (of a place or institution) composed of people from all over the world.
- (of a person) at ease in any part of the world; familiar with many cultures.
- (biology, ecology) growing or living in many parts of the world; widely distributed.
- Domestication and the evolution of anthrophilic traits in houseflies and some drosophilids have allowed certain species to attain cosmopolitan status.
- A cosmopolitan person; a cosmopolite.
- A cocktail containing vodka, triple sec, lime juice and cranberry juice.
- A butterfly, Vanessa cardui
- (Vanessa cardui): cosmopolite
- ‘She is extremely rich. A cosmopolitan.’
- A cocktail made with gin or vodka and vermouth.
- (sometimes proscribed) Any cocktail served in a cocktail glass, often sweet or fruity and aimed at women.
- martinus (hypercorrect, humorous)
- Will you join us at six o’clock for martinis?
- My boss is out on another of his three-martini lunches.
- I love the chocolate martinis at Trendy Bar!