The difference between formwork and framework
is that "formwork" is a temporary mould, made from planks, into which concrete is poured and "framework" is a support structure comprising joined parts or conglomerated particles and intervening open spaces of similar or larger size.
- (construction) A temporary mould, made from planks, into which concrete is poured
- shuttering (chiefly British)
- (literally) A support structure comprising joined parts or conglomerated particles and intervening open spaces of similar or larger size.
- (literally) The arrangement of support beams that represent a building’s general shape and size.
- (figurative) The larger branches of a tree that determine its shape.
- (figurative) A basic conceptual structure.
- (software engineering) A reusable piece of code (and, sometimes, other utilities) providing a standard environment within which an application can be implemented.
- (literally) The identification and categorisation of processes or steps that constitute a complex task or mindset in order to render explicit the tacit and implicit.
- He draws eclectically on studies of baboons, descriptive anthropological accounts of hunter-gatherer societies and, in a few cases, the fossil record. With this biological framework in place, Corning endeavors to show that the capitalist system as currently practiced in the United States and elsewhere is manifestly unfair.
- These ‘three principles of connexion’ compose the framework of principles in Hume’s account of the association of ideas.
- Hyponyms: architectural framework, entity framework, software framework