The difference between funds and collection
is that “funds” is a sum or source of money and “collection” is a set of items or amount of material procured or gathered together.
- A sum or source of money.
- An organization managing such money.
- A money-management operation, such as a mutual fund.
- A large supply of something to be drawn upon.
- the fund of a bank, commercial house, manufacturing corporation, etc.
- a fund for the maintenance of underprivileged students
- Several major funds were declared insolvent recently.
- He drew on his immense fund of knowledge.
- an inexhaustible fund of stories
- (transitive) To pay for.
- (transitive) To place (money) in a fund.
- (transitive) To form a debt into a stock charged with interest.
- He used his inheritance to fund his gambling addiction.
- A set of items or amount of material procured or gathered together.
- Multiple related objects associated as a group.
- The activity of collecting.
- (topology, mathematical analysis) A set of sets.
- A gathering of money for charitable or other purposes, as by passing a contribution box for donations.
- (law) Debt collection.
- (obsolete) The act of inferring or concluding from premises or observed facts; also, that which is inferred.
- (Britain) The jurisdiction of a collector of excise.
- (in the plural, Britain, Oxford University) A set of college exams generally taken at the start of the term.
- The quality of being collected; calm composure.
- Secondly, I continue to base my concepts on intensive study of a limited suite of collections, rather than superficial study of every packet that comes to hand.
- collections of moisture
- a purulent collection
- The attic contains a remarkable collection of antiques, oddities, and random junk.
- The asteroid belt consists of a collection of dust, rubble, and minor planets.
- Of all the queer collections of humans outside of a crazy asylum, it seemed to me this sanitarium was the cup winner. […] When you’re well enough off so’s you don’t have to fret about anything but your heft or your diseases you begin to get queer, I suppose.
- He has a superb coin collection.
- Collection of trash will occur every Thursday.
- We may safely say thus, that wrong collections have been hitherto made out of those words by modern divines.