The difference between mostaccioli and spaghetti
is that "mostaccioli" is a type of penne pasta which resembles ziti and "spaghetti" is a type of pasta made in the shape of long thin strings.
- A type of penne pasta which resembles ziti.
- My husband provided the keg of beer and Tina made huge bowls of mostaccioli .
- A type of pasta made in the shape of long thin strings.
- A dish that has spaghetti as a main part of it, such as spaghetti bolognese.
- (informal) Any type of pasta.
- (informal) Electrical insulating tubing.
- (informal) Anything tangled or confusing.
- (countable) A spaghetti western.
- (informal, programming) Spaghetti code.
- (intransitive) To become, or appear to become longer and thinner.
- (transitive) To stretch to become longer and thinner.
- “Call it what you will, but as soon as you think you’ve got your dish ready to serve, it spaghettis all over the place and you have to clean up the mess.”
- The cables spaghettied onto the shoulder of the technician.
- He spaghettied the referee when he landed on him.