The difference between narcissist and selfish
is that "narcissist" is one who shows extreme love and admiration for themselves and "selfish" is holding one’s own self-interest as the standard for decision making.
- (psychology) One who shows extreme love and admiration for themselves.
- (colloquial) An egoist; a person full of egoism and pride.
- Holding one’s own self-interest as the standard for decision making.
- Having regard for oneself above others’ well-being.
- “We all have both a selfish separate self, and an Inner Being that is One with the Universal Spirit. In this sense, every human has a sort of ‘split personality’. We are all kind of what you call ‘schitzy’ with these two sides, these two people living within us. And they are in total opposition. The free will dictates which of these two sides will have its way in our life, at every given moment."
- The most rapid and most seductive transition in all human nature is that which attends the palliation of a ravenous appetite. […] Can those harmless but refined fellow-diners be the selfish cads whose gluttony and personal appearance so raised your contemptuous wrath on your arrival?