- Any of the family Tayassuidae of mammals from the Americas related to pigs and hippos
- javelina (Southwest US, from Mexican Spanish ‘jabalina’)
- Any of several intelligent mammalian species of the genus Sus, having cloven hooves, bristles and a nose adapted for digging; especially the domesticated animal Sus scrofa.
- (specifically) A young swine, a piglet (contrasted with a hog, an adult swine).
- (uncountable) The edible meat of such an animal; pork.
- A light pinkish-red colour, like that of a pig (also called pig pink).
- (derogatory) A very obese person.
- (informal) A difficult problem.
- (countable and uncountable) A block of cast metal.
- The mold in which a block of metal is cast.
- (engineering) A device for cleaning or inspecting the inside of an oil or gas pipeline, or for separating different substances within the pipeline. Named for the pig-like squealing noise made by their progress.
- (uncountable) A simple dice game in which players roll the dice as many times as they like, either accumulating a greater score or losing previous points gained.
- (mammal of genus Sus): hog, swine, pig
- (someone who overeats or eats rapidly): glutton
- (nasty or disgusting person): jerk
- (police officer): police officer
- (fat person): fat person
- (mammal of genus Sus): boar, herd boar; sow, brood sow; piglet, piggy
- The man kept a pen with two pigs that he fed from carrots to cabbage.
- Weanlings grow into feeder pigs, and feeder pigs grow into slaughter hogs. […] Ultimately the end use for virtually all pigs and hogs is to be slaughtered for the production of pork and other products.
- Some religions prohibit their adherents from eating pig.
- “Miss Chastene, could you fetch me out an extra plate of pig and biscuit. My partner can’t do without your marvelous cooking.”
- pig colour:
- So far on the streets there’s been a lot of metallic pink […]
- You gluttonous pig! Now that you’ve eaten all the cupcakes, there will be none for the party!
- She considered him a pig as he invariably stared at her bosom when they talked.
- He was a pig and his apartment a pigpen; take-away containers and pizza boxes in a long, moldy stream lined his counter tops.
- The protester shouted, “Don’t give in to the pigs!" as he was arrested.
- “…Sounds too easy," Marvin was saying. “What about the pigs?"
- He meant police.
- But me, I joined the party to fight the pigs. That′s why I joined. Because my experience with the police was always negative.
- Got a mind for the undiesI’m tryna stay far from the pigs
- Hrm… this one’s a real pig: I’ve been banging my head against the wall over it for hours!
- The conveyor carried the pigs from the smelter to the freight cars.
- After the ill-advised trade, the investor was stuck with worthless options for 10,000 tons of iron pig.
- The pig was cracked, and molten metal was oozing from the side.
- Unfortunately, the pig sent to clear the obstruction got lodged in a tight bend, adding to the problem.
- Unfortunately, the M60 is about twenty-four pounds and is very unbalanced. You try carrying the pig around the jungle and see how you feel.
- (of swine) to give birth.
- (intransitive) To greedily consume (especially food).
- (intransitive) To huddle or lie together like pigs, in one bed.
- (transitive, engineering) To clean (a pipeline) using a pig (the device).
- The black sow pigged at seven this morning.
- They were pigging on the free food at the bar.
- “Wow, Doc. That’s heavy.” Denis sat there pigging on the joint as usual.