The difference between pollywog and frog
is that “pollywog” is a polliwog and “frog” is a small tailless amphibian of the order Anura that typically hops.
- A small tailless amphibian of the order Anura that typically hops.
- The part of a violin bow (or that of other similar string instruments such as the viola, cello and contrabass) located at the end held by the player, to which the horsehair is attached.
- The depression in the upper face of a pressed or handmade clay brick.
- An organ on the bottom of a horse’s hoof that assists in the circulation of blood.
- (rail transport) The part of a railway switch or turnout where the running-rails cross (from the resemblance to the frog in a horse’s hoof).
- Awesome leather armbands with spikes like two feet long / Hair is parted down the middle, frowning like a frog
- To hunt or trap frogs.
- (transitive, biology) To use a pronged plater to transfer (cells) to another plate.
- (transitive, cooking) To spatchcock (a chicken).