The difference between pottery and wares
is that “pottery” is fired ceramic wares that contain clay when formed and “wares” is aware.
- Fired ceramic wares that contain clay when formed.
- (countable) A potter’s shop or workshop, where pottery is made.
- The potter’s craft or art: making vessels from clay.
- potter’s clay
- potter’s field
- potter’s wheel
- The shelves were lined with pottery of all shapes and sizes.
- But through the oligopoly, charcoal fuel proliferated throughout London’s trades and industries. By the 1200s, brewers and bakers, tilemakers, glassblowers, pottery producers, and a range of other craftsmen all became hour-to-hour consumers of charcoal.
- I visited the old potteries and saw the pots being made.
- Bernard Leach was skilled at pottery.
- (obsolete) The state of being aware; heed.