The difference between strophic and unitary
is that “strophic” is using or containing strophes and “unitary” is having the quality of oneness.
- (prosody) Using or containing strophes.
- (music) Of a song, composed so that every stanza is set to the same music.
- (having each stanza set to the same music): through-composed
- Having the quality of oneness.
- (government, of a system of government or administration) That concentrates power in a single body, rather than sharing it with more local bodies.
- (mathematics, of an algebra) That contains an identity element.
- (mathematics, linear algebra, mathematical analysis, of a matrix or operator) Whose inverse is equal to its adjoint.
- (that contains an identity element): unital
- (that concentrates power in a single body): federalist
- If yes–no questions are CPs containing a null yes–no question operator in spec-CP, we can arrive at a unitary characterisation of questions as CPs with an interrogative specifier.
- a unitary authority
- a unitary state
- The eigenvectors of an orthogonal or unitary operator, corresponding to different eigenvalues, are orthogonal.
- In essence we are looking for some way to average the individual unitary matrices Uk. But a linear combination of unitary matrices does not remain unitary.
- We then repeat the same procedure to the × block unitary matrix using two-level unitary matrices.
- (Britain) A unitary council.
- (mathematics) A unitary matrix or operator.
- Outside the metropolitan areas most councils are now elected en bloc every four years.
- Since ergodicity and mixing are expressible in terms of the induced Koopman unitaries they are not additional invariants.
- Can unitaries in a unital C*-algebra with real rank zero be approximated by unitaries with finite spectrum?