The difference between ticket and visa
is that "ticket" is a pass entitling the holder to admission to a show, concert, etc and "visa" is a permit to enter and leave a country, normally issued by the authorities of the country to be visited.
- A pass entitling the holder to admission to a show, concert, etc.
- A pass entitling the holder to board a train, a bus, a plane, or other means of transportation
- A citation for a traffic violation.
- A permit to operate a machine on a construction site.
- A service request, used to track complaints or requests that an issue be handled. (Generally technical support related).
- (informal) A list of candidates for an election, or a particular theme to a candidate’s manifesto.
- A solution to a problem; something that is needed.
- (dated) A little note or notice.
- (dated) A tradesman’s bill or account (hence the phrase on ticket and eventually on tick).
- A label affixed to goods to show their price or description.
- A certificate or token of a share in a lottery or other scheme for distributing money, goods, etc.
- (dated) A visiting card.
- Joe has joined the party’s ticket for the county elections.
- Joe will be running on an anti-crime ticket.
- That’s the ticket.
- I saw my first bike as my ticket to freedom.
- “Here’s the ticket. This hole’s big enough for Jim to get through if we wrench off the board.”
- He constantly read his lectures twice a week for above forty years, giving notice of the time to his auditors in a ticket on the school doors.
- Your courtier is mad to take up silks and velvets / On ticket for his mistress.
- I asked for a card, please, and she was quite put about, and said that she didn’t require tickets to get in where she visited.
- “Mr. Gibbs come in just now,” said Mrs. Blewett, “and left his ticket over the chimley. There ’tis. I haven’t touched it.”
- To issue someone a ticket, as for travel or for a violation of a local or traffic law.
- To mark with a ticket.
- to ticket goods in a retail store
- A permit to enter and leave a country, normally issued by the authorities of the country to be visited.
- student visa
- tourist visa
- transit visa
- working-holiday visa
- (transitive, dated) To endorse (a passport, etc.).