The difference between viscose and linen
is that "viscose" is a viscous orange-brown liquid obtained by chemical treatment of cellulose and used as the basis of manufacturing rayon and cellulose film and "linen" is thread or cloth made from flax fiber.
- A viscous orange-brown liquid obtained by chemical treatment of cellulose and used as the basis of manufacturing rayon and cellulose film.
- A fabric made from this material.
- Her mission statement is that clothes made from sustainable viscose and cruelty-free alternatives to leather should not be targeted at a niche market, but shown to hold their own on the Paris fashion week catwalk.
- (uncountable) Thread or cloth made from flax fiber.
- (countable) Domestic textiles, such as tablecloths, bedding, towels, underclothes, etc., that are made of linen or linen-like fabrics of cotton or other fibers; linens.
- A light beige colour, like that of linen cloth undyed.
- dirty linen
- fair linen
- table linen
- linen basket
- linen closet
- linen draper
- linen paper
- Here, in the transept and choir, where the service was being held, one was conscious every moment of an increasing brightness; colours glowing vividly beneath the circular chandeliers, and the rows of small lights on the choristers’ desks flashed and sparkled in front of the boys’ faces, deep linen collars, and red neckbands.
- She put the freshly cleaned linens into the linen closet.
- But then I had the [massive] flintlock by me for protection. ¶ […] The linen-press and a chest on the top of it formed, however, a very good gun-carriage; and, thus mounted, aim could be taken out of the window at the old mare feeding in the meadow below by the brook, […].
- linen colour:
- Made from linen cloth or thread.
- Having the colour linen, light beige.